[TEST] ARE YOU IN A CODEPENDENT RELATIONSHIP?
Therapists originally used the term codependency to describe the spouses of alcoholics (first called co-alcoholics), but eventually researchers discovered that the characteristics of codependents were much more common in the general population than had been previously imagined. In fact, they found that if you were raised in a dysfunctional family or had an ill parent, you were more likely to be codependent.
- Symptoms of Codependency
- 1.Low self-esteem and feeling not good enough.
- 2.People-pleasing others and feeling like you dont have a choice.
- 3.Poor boundaries and being emotionally reactive to other people's opinions.
- 4.Caretaking and trying to help others fix their problems.
- 5.Controlling other people in order to feel more safe and secure.
- 6.Dysfunctional communication when expressing your thoughts, feelings, or needs.
- 7.Obsessions and spending time thinking about other people or relationships.
- 8.Dependency and a fear of being rejected or abandoned.
- Let’s get started. Answer Yes or No to the following questions. This test should take around 3 minutes.